Okay, so I know that most people probably know how to make pasta, but it’s seriously one of my favourite things ever, and it’s so versatile, so I wanted to share a really simple, delicious, homemade take on it.
- 1 tablespoon oil (I use safflower)
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, finely diced, or 1 tablespoon smashed roasted garlic spread*
- 2 Field Roast Italian Sausages (or more if you want!), sliced to your desire
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes (I love the Muir Glen Organic Fire-Roasted)
- Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, & Thyme… or whichever ones you like
- crushed red pepper
- other spices to taste
- S&P to taste
- 1 box pasta (I used quinoa veggie curls, they’re cute, yummy, and gluten-free!)
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 tablespoons Earth Balance
- S&P to taste
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion, and saute until almost clear.
- Add in the garlic, saute a bit longer until just cooked.
- Add in the sliced Field Roast Italian Sausage, and cook until browned.
- Add in the crushed tomato sauce (pour carefully, and don’t wear white).
- Mix in spices.
- Bring to a simmer, turn to low, and let cook for 5-10 minutes (or longer is better).
- Bring a separate pot of water to boil for the noodles. Add a pinch of salt. Cook to package directions.
- After draining the pasta, throw it back into the pot with the Earth Balance and S&P. Stir until coated.
- Put your sauce on your noodles in your bowl, and put it in your mouth! Enjoy!
*to make a roasted garlic spread, simply heat your oven to 450 degrees. On your full head of garlic, chop off the top so that all the cloves are exposed. Pour 1-2 tablespoons of oil into the exposed cloves, and wrap in foil. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until soft. Pull out the garlic from the peel, and mash with a bit of olive oil. Use immediately or store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.